Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Cakes, Complaints, & Cousins

          Today I took my business class final (Woo Hoo!!!  Yay!!!  Done!!!).  So, now I am down to my accounting final (whoop-de-doo).  Actually I am not super worried, and after a couple hours hitting the book to refresh tomorrow, I should be ready!
          I am just so glad my Business class is done, so much busywork; so many little assignments, lots of reading, an oral presentation (ahhhhhh!), and just a lot of time.  There was something to ease the pain of taking the final, the teacher brought in two cakes, carrot and red velvet, he purchased from ilovedaisycakes.com.  We watched this small company pitch a business plan to the sharks of “Shark Tank,” and come away with a $50,000.00 loan to get Daisy Cakes growing.  I will not bore you with too many details, but the cake was dry and the frosting sickeningly sweet; for $48.00 per cake, I was disappointed.  Enough complaining! My final is over, the textbook is returned, and all I have to do now is worry and wait for my final grade . . . ugh!
          On a much happier note, as I was zipping home from class with the window down and the Carpenters singing away on the stereo, I saw my cousin Tiffany merging behind me.  I did consider waving but I decide against it, no need to make a spectacle of myself after all.  But, it turned out we had the same destination, she was coming to hang curtains!!!!!  My new roommate is my lovely cousin Tiffany, and she will be moving in Monday!!!!! 
          I have been super excited and it has turned me into a cleaning wizard the past few days.  I got the rest of Tiffany’s areas evacuated and cleaned, cleared out the hallway which should have been done a looooong time ago, I had created quite a tripping trap.  My biggest task has been the kitchen; cleaning, reorganizing, consolidating, and evicting spiders has been hard work, but very rewarding.  There is still more to do, there is always something to do, but that’s life!  
          Tonight, as I sat relaxing in the hot tub, I was so thankful that no matter how hard or stressful life gets, there are those moments when everything feels wonderful, and we can just sit and enjoy it.  "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”  Matthew 6:34.  Have a beautiful day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Love the Carpenters. That's too bad about the cakes... they could have received $100,000 but their business will tank if their product is bad. Shark Tank should have tasted some first LOL

    ReplyDelete