Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Three weeks; just three . . . more . . . weeks . . .

            Three weeks.  I have spent the last hour and a half hammering out a research paper for my business class.  I can honestly say I never, ever want to look at a stock chart or financial report again.  My latest heavenward cry generally consists of “Lord, help me make it to the end; and please don’t let me pass out when I give my oral report.”  My hands are sweaty just thinking about having to stand up and speak; it is giving me horrible flashbacks to the communications class I took way back in 2007, . . . speech is too long, deduct points . . . speech is too short, deduct points. . . PowerPoint malfunctions, sympathetic looks from fellow students, AHHHHH!  
            Anyway, on a happier note I have a lot of great things happening right now too.  A few big things, which for the sake of time will have to wait for another day when my brain is not so fried (stay tuned!), and lots of exciting little things.  For example, today I ordered sixteen chicks which should be arriving via the US post in mid June.  Twelve americanas, green eggs, three anconas, white eggs, and one mystery chick.  As I was checking out, the hatchery site asked me if I wanted a specialty breed chick for free.  It named a bunch of breeds which I did not recognize, but I figure are not selling very well if they are giving them away for free, but I said yes anyway.  They could not tell me what kind of chicken I will end up with, but surprises can be fun; unless the thing turns out to be a rooster, that would not be a fun surprise at all. 
            Time to stop, even though blogging is a bazillion times more enjoyable than homework, my fingers are stiffening, my derriere is sore, and a want a hot soothing shower before calling it a night.  TTFN.    

No comments:

Post a Comment