Monday, May 27, 2013

Memory Day

          Happy Memorial Day!  Today has been chilly and drizzly, after the last couple weeks of sunshine I was a bit surprised.  But, a few raindrops did not prevent me from going out to the farm, when school hit crunch time and things got busy I did not go out to the farm for four whole weeks!  While I was absent all their melons were planted, the ground has been rototilled in preparation for tomatoes, squash, and many other delightful summer crops, and two goats were born!  I forgot my camera, so no pictures this week of the adorable twins.
          I arrived back from the farm to find Tiffany, with the help of her family and two vehicles, finally moving in!  She had everything unpacked and put away by the end of the afternoon, I was impressed.  I did some grocery shopping yesterday so we made up a quick dinner of pizza bread (slice bread, cover with tomatoes sauce, sprinkle with basil and cheese, broil till cheese is slightly toasted, yum!) and fresh veggies, not bad for our first dinner.
         Tomorrow I head home (I still think of this place as the “guest house” and “home” as, well, home!) to help the family prepare for our Memorial Day celebration with Chef Karl and his wife Lily; they were unavailable today so we are shifting our holiday celebration.  The plan is to have a barbeque, so I will be praying for a warm clear day, BBQ just is not the same if you have to eat it inside.  So, even though this felt like a pretty typical Monday, it turned out to be a very special and very fabulous day.  Happy Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment